- buried in a cemetery close to relatives?
- scattered at a place special to you and to family members?
- a traditional funeral with a casket, with cremation to follow
- memorial service with your favorite songs, recognition of your favorite hobbies
At Geyer Law, where we guide clients in developing their estate plans, we know just how important advance planning to those clients’ survivors. Our work in estate administration involves the legal process of transferring assets from the name of the diseased person to those inheriting the assets. In settling the estate and administering trusts we find ourselves working with:
- personal representatives
Often, our attorneys find, individuals do not know where to begin when someone dies. We provide full-service estate administration services to guide families through the process from start to finish. There’s a lot to do, including:
- commencing probate proceedings
- dealing with the valuation and taxation of property interests
- assisting with the evaluation and orderly payment of claims
- preparing inheritance tax returns
- closing the estate